Executive Director, location: Capital Region, NY
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Salary commensurate with experience, range: $55,000 to $62,000 per year.
1) Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenue sources necessary to support the ICCR’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the ICCR, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget which accurately reflects the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of ICCR’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the ICCR can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
4) Organization Operations: Responsible for effective administration of ICCR’s operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization, and properly filing them for later review.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Report to and work closely with the many affiliated organizations of the ICCR to ensure continued cooperation of the organizations’ numerous exchange programs
- Hire, and manage ICCR staff to operate organizations programs, events and operations.
- Strategic planning and implementation of the organizations year-round fundraising events in accordance to the annual budget. Will require some work during nights and weekends.
- Serve as the ICCR’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the ICCR’s mission and exchange programs
- Oversee organization of the Board and committee meetings.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Operating, recording, and reporting for the ICCR’s International Visitors Leadership program, this includes working out of the office with foreign dignitaries, planning and budgeting their exchange program experiences, and reporting yearly numbers to the ICCR’s partners biannually.
- A bachelor’s degree, in international relations, business, or non-profit management or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Three or more years of nonprofit or comparable work experience
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff, volunteers and interns.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability, and hospitality approach to meeting new visitors.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Flexible office hours
- Experience with social media, graphic design, website design and management (WordPress) a plus.